Friday 14 June 2013

Three little sea~side pictures

A little bit of sewing and stitching ....... and a new book

I have had the idea of these little pictures on my to do list for a while, I've got a few of these little wooden hoops and I wanted to make something with them. 

Then just a couple of days ago, inspired by a new book,


I first read about it on Annes blog then when I opened this months issue of Homemaker and read some more about it, I couldnt resist, I popped over to Amazon to see if I could get it there with my birthday gift voucher from David,  it was available. When it arrived, I wasnt dissapointed, it' a beautiful book.
My little hoops were given a quick wash of watercolor paint and hung out to dry on the line before using them to frame my finished pictures.

3 comments:

JansArtyJunk said...

These are wonderful Yvonne...I'm just taking up embroidery again...and love seeing these hoop art, thanks for the book recommendation, may just have to keep a eye out for that one. Jan x

sally said...

Lovely hoop art, so long since I did any of these!

Sally

Lynn Holland said...

Love love love the hoops but I wish you hadn't shown me that book. Can't stay I've got a bookstore to visit.
Lynn xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...