Thursday 24 January 2013

Pentagon sewing box

This is a little pentagon shaped sewing box which I have been working on for a few weeks
I started on this in October when I joined Airdrie branch of Embroiderers Guild with my sister Theresa
I'm delighted to have finally finished it.
 I enjoyed making it, making a box like this has been on my to do list for a long time,

but it's a very time consuming project very precise in the construction. I adapted a lot of the construction from gluing pieces together to stitching,  I'm not a fan of glue as a permanent hold in fabric.
I like the shape of it and there is plenty of storage space inside for little things.
the little thread holder is a length of willow covered in the fabric,
the instructions called for using a pencil to hold a reel of thread
but I wanted to make use of these metal spools which I used with old sewing machines, I no longer have,
 so they are a nice little reminder, also means I can store more thread colours in there ;)

 I bought the fabric a while ago because I liked it but with no special project in mind
 I think it perfect for the box,  I love the colours and the pattern.

There is a tiny crystal stitched to each point on the lid and a bead tassel to the top
The lid is padded with wadding, so it can be used as a pincushion too.
another project complete!

3 comments:

Texture Trail said...

Beautiful box, Yvonne! I am sure you will enjoy using it.
Jane x
www.texturetrail/blogspot.com

Yvonne Moxon said...

Thank you Jane :), Im sure I will

Unknown said...

Gosh that is just beautiful. I am at a lose for words, I think it is just amazing. I love it. Well done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...