Thursday 10 May 2012

All patched up

Not a straight line in sight!
I'm not one for measurements really

 no doubt all you quilters will be cringing at my method .... if it looks right it will do!

I want to get the positioning of the flowers just right ;)

 actually here's a picture of some tools just so you know I do use them occasionally

 all lined up and straight

I enjoyed the process of it all

 and look!

 some lovely hand dyed fabric strips for other projects ;)

All sewn now :)

I'm going to hand quilt this onto the fleece blanket before I add the other side to it.

talking of which it's looking a bit dull

I'm thinking perhaps this horrible brown backing behind the wadding isn't helping!
I don't know what possessed me to use it.....perhaps because I was given it and wouldn't use it for anything else!
Anyway it's in the bin now and I'm sitting here picking out hundreds of threads.
The stitching has come away on a couple of the seams so I'll repair them tomorrow.

 I knew there was a reason I wouldn't have time to do all that batik thing!


2 comments:

TwinkleToes2day said...

That's just gorgeous Yvonne. I'm really enjoying seeing the progression :D x

Yvonne Moxon said...

Thanks Mo x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...