Tuesday 21 February 2012

Tag Tuesday ~ Poetry & Prose

Tag Tuesday: Poetry and Prose
This weeks tag has been a real challenge for me.
 I have been thinking about it for a couple of weeks and nothing was falling into place. I couldn't think of one poem that inspired me,
 I just kept drawing a blank
It's been a difficult week, so I put it down to that and decided to try not to think about it for a while.
 I sat down on Sunday evening with my laptop and at the same time a little song that we hear quite a lot of at the moment, courtesy of BBC's bedtime hour, came into my head,
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star,



its also one that the children sing often in the music and movement class while tucked under a large parachute with all the mums.
It brought to mind some lovely words that my friend Vicky had posted on her facebook page about our friend Fiona.  I read them again and I knew why it had been so difficult the last couple of weeks to find something as inspiration for my tag .......

......... the words hadn't been written yet.

Vicky's Prose
"You came into our lives like the sun, shining bright and so so beautiful. Now you are a star and you're the brightest most beautiful I've ever seen. You'll never be forgotten xx"


My Tag is dedicated to Fiona

Update Feb 27th : At Fiona's funeral ( 23rd Feb) we were told that someone had named a star after her, we were all given a little white card star,



 to take away as a reminder of her and to see that we are all part of a constellation. A lovely thought, and so fitting to her memory, it made me cry.

Tag : recycled greeting card base, velvet, cotton and silk fabrics overlay.
Embellishments: Manipulated organza and crystal organza offcuts, Silver metal star (found object)recycled diamante stones from and old bracelet. Silver lined hex bugle beads, Crystal AB beads  metal star beads and seed beads.
Tag Tie: Stands of silver Madeira Metallic.

Yvonne x

4 comments:

Louise said...

I love your tag, its beautiful and such a piece of art.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tag - I love it. Wanted to stop by an say thanks for your nice words on my post re "Not my usual post" appreciated!

Yvonne Moxon said...

Thank you Louise x

Yvonne Moxon said...

Thank you Cathy, your post was great and from the heart :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...