Wednesday 22 September 2010

Machine embroidery

I decided to have a little play around with the grey organza fabric from the flowers that I posted about yesterday.  I dug out an old fabric sample from the bottom of the drawer, cut out a flower print from it sandwiched it between an old piece of blue shirt fabric and the grey organza and set it in a hoop. I set my machine up for freestyle stitching and away I went..........


Not bad...this is as far as a got with it have taken a closer picture below to show the shimmery effect of the gray. I had just started adding on some yarn when I had to stop. My little Charlotte is coming down with a cold and is needing more of my time. Her naps in the afternoon have been shorter than usual leaving me little time to sew. I'm looking forward to spending more time on this piece now.




1 comment:

Marigold Jam said...

It's looking good! I have just come home from the library with a beginners machine embroidery book so might be able to attempt something like that one day!!

Jane

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...